OOP244 Assignment 1 Submission Instructions:
( MR. SAUL'S SECTIONS ONLY...! )
You MUST perform the following steps in order to submit your OOP244
assignment #1 to Mr. Saul...
Note: use "Copy & Paste" if you are
not certain of the syntax or spelling of the Linux commands...
- Use SSH to connect to your Matrix account. You MUST submit
your OOP244 programming assignments within
your Matrix account ... No exceptions ...
WARNING: You may have problems if you are running
the submission program if you are using PuTTY... If this
is the situation, please use another SSH application...
- Create a subdirectory in your home directory (if not already created) by issuing
the following command:
(Note: the "~" symbol is called tilde, and it is a symbol to
represent your HOME directory on Matrix. On most desktop computers,
you can generate this character by pressing SHIFT
plus the (key to the left of the "1") ).
- Move to the "asn1" subdirectory that you just created in step #1 by
issuing the following command:
- Change permissions to allow only yourself access to this
subdirectory by issuing the following Linux command (copy &
paste if necessary):
chmod 700 ~/asn1
- By following the instructions in your Assignment #1 specifications,
you should have a file called a1.txt. Copy your a1.txt file to the
asn1 subdirectory by issuing the Linux command displayed below. For
this command, it is assumed that your a1.txt file is contained in
your HOME directory...
cp ~/a1.txt ~/asn1
- Set the permissions for your newly-created file to only
allow you access to view this file by issuing the following Linux
chmod 700 ~/asn1/a1.txt
You need to run a program to submit your assignment to Mr. Saul.
Here is the submittal program's file pathname (Now available):
This program (Bash Shell script) will ask you some
questions and perform some checks to make certain that
your assignment is properly submitted... End of submission instructions...