IPC144 Assignment 2 Submission Instructions:
( MR. SAUL'S SECTIONS ONLY...! )
You MUST perform the following steps in order to submit your IPC144
assignment #2 to Mr. Saul...
Note: use "Copy & Paste" if you are
not certain of the syntax or spelling of the Linux commands...
- Use SSH to connect to your Matrix account. It was mentioned that
you MUST submit your IPC144 programming assignments within
your Matrix account ... No exceptions ...
WARNING: You may have problems if you are running
the submission program if you are using PuTTY... If this
is the situation, please use another SSH application...
- Create a subdirectory in your home directory by issuing
the following command:
(Note: the "~" symbol is called tilde, and it is a symbol to
represent your HOME directory on Matrix. On most desktop computers,
you can generate this character
by pressing SHIFT
plus the (key to the left of the "1") ).
- Move to the "asn2" subdirectory that you just created in step #1 by
issuing the following command:
- Change permissions to allow only yourself access to this
subdirectory by issuing the following Linux command (copy &
paste if necessary):
chmod 700 ~/asn2
- Copy your assignment #2 source-code file by issuing the Linux
command displayed below. You will also be renaming this file.
For demonstration purposes, I will assume that the name of
YOUR file is called myasn2.c, and that your created it in your
cp ~/myasn2.c ~/asn2/assign2.c
- Set the permissions for your newly-created file to only
allow you access to view this file by issuing the following Linux
chmod 700 ~/asn2/assign2.c
- Use a text editor to edit this file called ~/asn2/assign2.c and
insert the following large comment near the top of your
file. The comment is displayed below:
Student Name: here
Instructor Name: Murray Saul
I declare with the submission of this program that:
- only I wrote, tested, and debugged its contents.
- I did not, have not, and will not disclose any of its contents
using any means, electronic or non-electronic, to anyone.
- I accept the consequences if I do not honour the above declarations.
- I am allowed to represent my case if and when such conflicts exist.
- My professor's decision, or the college,
in such matters will be final.
NOTE: Make certain to modify the above statement to include your FULL name to replace the word "here".
Save changes and exit your text editing
You need to run a program to submit your assignment to Mr. Saul.
Here is the submittal program's file pathname:
When run, this program will ask you some
questions and perform some checks to make certain that
your assignment is properly submitted... End of submission instructions...