Students that do not agree with a decision made by the college can submit an Academic Appeal to have the decision reviewed. Below is a clarification of the Academic Policy: Appeal process that ICT follows.
- You must file the appeal within 30 days of the decision.
- You must complete the Academic Appeal Request Form available at http://www.senecacollege.ca/academic-policy/forms.html and submit to the department for signature of the Academic Program Manager or Chair.Ensure that you include all details about the nature and reason for your appeal.You can request assistance to complete the form from the Seneca Student Federation or the Student Services Office.
- You will be notified that the signed form is ready to be picked up.You can then take the form to registration to pay the administrative fee.
- Once you have paid the fee, you will need to return the form and the receipt for payment to the department.
- The SICT will then organize an Academic Appeal Committee.This Committee will be made up of a Chair and three (3) faculty.The Chair and at least one (1) faculty will be from another School within Seneca, the remaining faculty will not have been involved in the first decision.
- You will be informed of the date and time of the Committee meeting, and invited to attend a portion of the meeting to review your appeal and answer any questions.
- You will be notified of the decision within two (2) weeks of the meeting.