IFS - Honours Bachelor of Technology - Informatics and Security
|Credential Awarded:||Honours Bachelor of Technology (Informatics and Security)|
|Duration:||8 Semesters (4 Years)|
|Start Dates:||Fall, Winter *Start Dates are subject to change|
The IFS degree program provides you with the critical knowledge and practical skills required for a successful career in information security and network technology. You’ll gain comprehensive knowledge of informatics, security, and law with practical applications that directly address critical business and communication requirements deemed essential by employers.
Upon graduation, you will have knowledge of the following principles of Informatics and Security:
- security needs within and between organizations
- analysis, design, and implementation of distributed computer systems using current methodologies
- a broad understanding of data communication principles, knowledge of operating systems and how each of the components that make up the infrastructure can be compromised
- an understanding and ability to design, develop, and implement secure information acquisition, transmission, and storage and retrieval practices with current industry standards, taking into account privacy, security and ethical issues
- technology change and innovation
- analysis of project and system requirements
- deployment of security on a variety of platforms
- project planning, implementation and management
- research methodology
- technology planning and acquisition
The curriculum reflects a progressively complex level of skill, knowledge, and interpretation associated with Informatics and Security. In initial courses, you’ll focus on understanding and application of networks from the individual computer up to and including the world of connected computers. Later on, you’ll learn a more abstract application of these same principles as emphasis shifts to developing analytical skills. In the final two years, you’ll synthesize information to solve real business problems and demonstrate your knowledge in a co–operative work–term.
The Honours Bachelor of Technology (Informatics and Security) degree is an eight–semester program held at Seneca’s state–of–the–art facilities at the York University campus, which is accessible via GO, TTC and YRT transit. You’ll enjoy small class sizes, hands–on labs, electronic classrooms, expert faculty and excellent student services as they contribute to increased student success.
For Application Requirements (including fees) click here.
Interested in the Informatics and Security degree program? Transferring is simple, fast, and easy. For an explanation on transferring in from other programs, click here.
(416) 491-5050 Ext. 22441
(416) 491-5050 Ext. 22174
(416) 493-4144 Ext. N/A
(416) 493-4144 Ext. N/A