CPD - Computer Programmer
|Credential Awarded:||Ontario College Diploma|
|Duration:||4 Semesters (2 Years)|
|Start Dates:||Fall, Winter, Summer *Start Dates are subject to change|
In the Computer Programmer program you will gain valuable hands-on experience in a wide range of programming languages and techniques. Your learning in the program will include object oriented methodology, web scripting languages, system methodologies, internet client & server side development, design & maintenance of database systems, data communications, security and project management. In your final year of study you’ll have the opportunity to learn an advanced topic through your professional option course.
In the Computer Programmer program you’ll progressively develop your knowledge and abilities in programming. In addition to the technical knowledge, you will develop professional communication skills that will support your career. The Computer Programmer program is Canadian Information Processing Society (CIPS.ca) accredited.
What You'll Learn
- Object-oriented programming, using C++, Java and C#, on market-leading operating system platforms
- Mobile device programming for iOS, android, and IBMi
- Distributed programming techniques on private and hosted cloud computing platforms
- Working with data on devices, in database and hosted environments
- An introduction to software engineering principles, including systems analysis and design
- Verbal, written, and presentation communications techniques for various audiences
*In the first three semesters, this program and the Computer Programming and Analysis program share common core subjects making it easy for students to transfer between programs.
The technical and business skills you'll learn in the Computer Programmer diploma program will qualify you for some of the most dynamic jobs in the computer industry today. As a graduate of this program you'll be prepared for a career as a
- Software developer
- Information system specialist
- PC specialist
- IBM midrange programmer or UNIX/Linux programmer
(416) 491-5050 Ext. 33233
(416) 491-5050 Ext. 33283
(416) 491-5050 Ext. 22805
(416) 491-5050 Ext. 22364