Seneca and SecTor 2018
Tips for Students attending SecTor 2018:
- Come prepared to participate and learn. There are many free activities in and around the expo hall. We have a contest this year open to everyone. Look for clues on how to get started in the guide. We also have the IoT hacking village, and everyone’s favourite perennial lock pick village. The expo theatre talks, sponsor talks and our tools track are open to everyone and keynotes are simulcast to the theatre.
- Dress business casual. This can be as casual as some nice jeans and a dress shirt, but remember you could be working for one of these companies. Ensure you look professional to make the best impression. Please leave your school bag at home.
- Sponsors need to prioritize customers. Coming to SecTor and staffing a booth is an expensive proposition for our sponsors. You will get the most time and attention from them if you pick quiet times (while sessions are on is usually best) to chat.
- Network independently or with a friend. Walking through the expo hall or going to an activity is better in small groups. Both from a traffic management perspective for us, and for an interaction and learning opportunity for you.
- We have a new “Developing your Security Career” event. This year we will be hosting an informative industry panel on Tuesday from 2:55pm-4pm and then a mini-career fair from 4-5pm in the SecTor keynote hall. This will be open to all badge types, and will be a great opportunity to learn how to get ahead in this industry and meet some of the people that can help.
- Cloud Security Alliance Summit – Can be added to any badge type including expo (cost is $50) by editing your registration. (https://sector.ca/csa-summit/)
Remember that all sessions are recorded and will be published free of charge after the event so you won’t miss anything. These are posted at https://sector.ca/presenations/
We look forward to seeing you at SecTor 2018.